Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Anybody remember ';American Top 40'; with Casey Kasem? Did you listen to it every Saturday afternoon?

It just wasn't the same after Rick Dees took over...........Anybody remember ';American Top 40'; with Casey Kasem? Did you listen to it every Saturday afternoon?
Talk about nostalgia. I loved it.





They have been playing classic episodes on one of the Classic Rock stations here every Saturday night, I take my kids out for long drives and we listen.





They think I'm strange but damn the memories...Anybody remember ';American Top 40'; with Casey Kasem? Did you listen to it every Saturday afternoon?
Yup, the Long Distance Dedication was the best part.
Of course...go back to the 70s and we used to watch Don Kirschner's Rock Concert at midnight on TV!
I really like his voice %26amp; yeah Rick just didnt have it ..
Yes, I listened to it every Saurday.
Definitely, it is not the same.. I miss Casey! His voice is Rockin!
I loved listening to Casey! I once sent in a request from my bf but if it ever got on I'll never know...
yes!! I loved casey!
Yes, I do remember that. And yes, I would listen to him every week.
Yep. It was played on Sundays in my area.





The best part was the outtakes, that were released years later, consisting of Casey Casem just flipping out and swearing like a sailor.
I did- you're right, it's just not the same. I used to listen with my dad. Now once in a while we catch each other listening to the Saturday Seventies Show, but it's not quite the same, either.
Casey Kasem was one of the first DJs I regularly listened to. He is missed much.

No comments:

Post a Comment